Things continue to move forward at Palms Casino Resort. This May, Palms will introduce Scotch 80 Prime, Las Vegas’ premier steakhouse. Scotch 80 Prime will be one of the new culinary openings as part of the property’s $620 million renovation. Here’s the scoop.
Get to Know Scotch 80 Prime
Scotch 80 Prime will combine classic Las Vegas charm with an unparalleled dining experience featuring delicious tableside presentations.
Alongside such offerings, guests can sip expertly curated spirits from the restaurant’s world-class scotch collection. The dedicated Whisky Program is led by Scotch Master Cody Fredrickson. The program will have a high-level focus on rare and vintage marks from top producers in Scotland. This includes the Macallan Fine & Rare Vintage collection, with Scotch 80 boasting one of the largest retail collections in the country.
Executive Chef Barry S. Dakake, an original Palms team member and part of the opening team at N9NE Steakhouse, returns to the kitchen. He will be alongside Executive Sous Chef Mark Purdy. Dakake and his team will offer a lively yet refined steakhouse experience. It will feature a contemporary and seasonally-inspired menu devoted to thoughtful presentations of carefully sourced USDA Prime Beef, certified Japanese KOBE beef, chicken, chops and seafood. The restaurant will serve locally grown, nutrient dense lettuce and herbs from Urban Seed Las Vegas, an indoor aeroponic sustainable agriculture facility.
Okay, what’s on the menu at Scotch 80 Prime?
A sampling of standout menu creations include:
- The Rib Cap also known as “Chef Barry’s Steak,” the Tomahawk Ribeye, Colorado Bison Filet Mignon, A5 Japanese Kobe and more. An array of fine beef selections sourced from top purveyors including Double R Ranch in Washington and Chicago’s Linz Heritage Angus. Specialty sourced, select cuts make Scotch 80 one of the few steakhouses in Las Vegas to serve certified Japanese KOBE beef.
- Mesquite Fired Crustacean Tower – Maine Lobster, White Mexican Shrimp, New Bedford Sea Scallops, Spanish Octopus, Alaskan King Crab, Steamed New England Little Neck Clams delivered and adorned around a circular custom flame lit vessel.
- Tableside “Fire & Ice” Banana Split – top off your meal with old school hand-turned vanilla bean ice cream, all the fun toppings and hand-torched caramelized bananas.
- “Russian Baller” Caviar Tower with Vodka Shots – a traditional pairing of vodka shots and caviar hand-delivered in a custom carrying case.
- Classic Cocktail Cart – A custom tableside cart offering hand-crafted timeless classics like a Manhattan or an Old Fashioned.
The Inspiration Behind Scotch 80 Prime
The Scotch 80 Prime name pays homage to the historical and sought-after Scotch 80s neighborhood in Las Vegas. The 80 acres of land was purchased in the early 1900’s by the city’s first mayor, Peter Buol. It was bought using funds from Scottish investors and became home to many celebrities, casino titans and prominent Vegas figures. You might have heard of Vegas icons like Howard Hughes, Jerry Lewis, and Oscar Goodman.
Additionally, the beautiful restaurant will feature rich wood textures and an abundance of fine art throughout the restaurant. One of the central design features of the restaurant will be a large statement window overlooking Flamingo Road. This window offers passersby a sneak peek into the excitement and energy of the restaurant’s bar and lounge. A green hedge enclosed outdoor patio will also offer guests an al fresco lounge experience.
The steakhouse will join Palms’ latest culinary additions: Send Noodles, Lucky Penny Café and A.Y.C.E. Buffet. Other upcoming restaurant additions include concepts from the TAO Group and celebrity chefs Bobby Flay, Michael Symon and Marc Vetri. Scotch 80 Prime will be open for dinner nightly beginning at 5pm.
Stay tuned for more information about Scotch 80 Prime on Instagram @palms.