Looking to up your Blackjack or Poker game? We’ve got you! Meet Curtis, our table games dealer at Green Valley Ranch!
Various Card Scenarios: When The Dealer Shows a Six
There are plenty of scenarios that you encounter playing blackjack. If we went through them all, we’d be here all day! So here are a few tips and helpful pieces of advice when you have various hands and the dealer is showing a six as his/her’s face card.
Pair of 8’s (16) – We recommend the player to split their hand. The player now has two hands to play instead of one. They would signal to “Hit” each hand to collect another card.
9 & 2 (11) – For this hand, we recommend the player Double Down for the chance to win more money.
21 (10 & Ace) – When the player receives a 21, we recommend not to double down on the hand.
Pair of 5’s (10) – Although the player receives a pair of 5’s, we recommend NOT splitting them and keeping it together as 10. The player would need to motion “Hit” for another card.
Pair of 10’s (20) – When the player receives two 10’s, we recommend not splitting a winning hand. It’s a good hand against any hand that the dealer may have up.
Blackjack Hand Signals: What You Need To Know
When the player is holding a fourteen (14) compared to the dealer’s 10, he/she needs to make the decision to whether hit or stay. To Stay, the player motions stay or says “Stay” to the dealer. To receive another card, the player points to the card or says “Hit” and the dealer will give you a card.
Variation: Game of Shoe Blackjack
In Shoe game, the cards are delivered face up and the player does not need to touch his/her’s cards. The player would only need to communicate with the dealer what he/she would like to do with the hand. If the player is good with their card, they wave off. If the player wants to split, they motion the dealer to split.
We hope these simple tips helps you better understand the game of Blackjack. We welcome you to visit and try your luck and if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask our dealers.
Need more Blackjack tips? Check out our other helpful blogs, brought to you by the STNPlay:
Green Valley Ranch Poker
Now let’s talk about Poker! We’ve got daily tournaments and big tournaments throughout each month.
Daily Poker Tournament Schedule
|Monday||10:15 AM||NLH||$75||7,000||20 min||$2,000|
|6:45 PM||NLH Bounty||$75||6,000||20 min||$2,500|
|Tuesday||10:15 AM||NLH||$75||7,000||20 min||$2,000|
|Wednesday||10:15 AM||NLH||$75||7,000||20 min||$2,000|
|Thursday||10:15 AM||NLH||$75||7,000||20 min||$2,000|
|Friday||10:15 AM||NLH||$75||7,000||20 min||$2,000|
|6:445 PM||NLH Survivor||$100||10,000||30 min||–|
|Sunday||1:00 PM||NLH||$125||10,000||30 min||$5,000|
|$20 Add on||2,000|
Sunday Sizzler No Limit Holdem Tournament
We also have a Sunday Sizzler No Limit Holdem Tournament every Sunday at 1PM starting July 1st in the Green Valley Ranch Poker Room. It’s $5,000 Guarantee and $125 Buy-In.
|1st Level||50 – 100|
|2nd Level||25||100 – 200|
|3rd Level||50||200 – 400|
|4th Level||75||300 – 600|
|5th Level||100||400 – 800|
|6th Level||200||600 – 1200|
|7th Level||300||1,000 – 2,000|
|8th Level||500||2,000 – 4,000|
|9th Level||1,000||4,000 – 8,000|
|10th Level||2,000||8,000 – 16,000|
|11th Level||3,000||10,000 – 20,000|
|12th Level||4,000||15,000 – 30,000|
|13th Level||5,000||20,000 – 40,000|
|14th Level||5,000||30,000 – 60,000|
- TDA rules apply to all Green Valley Ranch tournaments.
- Management reserves the right to cancel or change the tournament at its sole discretion.
- By participating in the tournament, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions by Management. Management will resolve any dispute or situation not covered by these rules and that decision shall be final and binding on all participants.
- Winners must show valid ID to collect winnings. Residents of foreign countries without a U.S. tax treaty will be subject to withholding. Pursuant to IRS regulations, W2G or 1042 forms will be issued for all tournament winnings of $5,000 or more (net of buy-in amount).
- Players will start with 10,000 tournament chips. Each level is thirty (30) minutes.
- $20 of the buy-in will be withheld as Entry Fee, $5 will be withheld for dealer toke and $100 will go to the prize pool.
- Late entries and Re-entries will be permitted for the first two hours.
- One optional $20 add on for 2,000 tournament chips is permitted at registration. $10 will be withheld for dealer toke and $10 will go to the prize pool.
- There will be a fifteen (15) minute break at the end of every four levels.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to participate in this tournament.
- Registration is open one (1) hour prior to event.
- A prize pool of $5,000 is guaranteed by Green Valley Ranch Poker Room.
- The tournament prize pool disbursement may be modified upon unanimous written agreement of management and of all tournament players still involved in the tournament.
- All tournament payouts will be made in casino chips.
- Management may exclude anyone from participating in the tournament for any reason, at Management’s sole discretion.