While the summer sun can be great for your summer tan, it is no secret that it can be not-so-great for your skin. These hot summer days can have long-lasting effects on your skin even after swimsuit season. Luckily, there are plenty of recipes to replenish and rejuvenate your skin at home. Here are 6 DIY facials that won’t break the bank:
Strawberry, Lemon, and Yogurt Mask
If you are looking to clear up your skin, then look no further than your kitchen cabinet.
- Strawberries are a natural source of salicylic acid (a common anti-acne ingredient found in over-the-counter remedies)
- Lemon is a natural astringent that tightens and brightens the skin thanks to the Vitamin C and antioxidants.
Turmeric and Coconut Oil Mask
Clearing up your skin at home can be easy. Try this simple mask using ONLY two inexpensive ingredients that you most likely already have sitting at home!
- Turmeric has antibacterial properties that can help fight problem skin.
- Coconut oil acts as a moisturizer and is gentle on your skin without clogging your pores.
Turmeric Skin Clearing Mask
If you’re looking treat acne at home, then look no further than this turmeric facial recipe. This easy-to-make facial can be used to clear even the most problematic skin easily and effectively.
Banana and Avocado Mask
Avocado toast is in this summer and so is this face mask! Feel like a spa-professional with this banana and avocado mask.
- Avocado is highly moisturizing and nourishing to the skin
- Bananas are packed full of minerals that work to replenish and restore your skin
Want Younger Looking Skin?
Yogurt and Lemon Mask
Yogurt is great for your health AND skin! Using some plain yogurt and lemon your skin will be glowing all season long.
- Lemons also contain alpha hydroxy acids which provide tons of healing properties.
- Yogurt contains lactic acid which can help remove dead skin and reduce signs of aging.
Coffee Scrub Mask
Start your morning with a cup of coffee and this replenishing face mask. This quick and easy recipe will have your skin feeling awake and refreshed just as coffee should.
- Coffee is great for stimulating the skin and improves blood flow to the face and helps in healthy cell turnover
Having great skin should not cost you a fortune but do not be afraid to splurge on yourself every once in a while. If you are looking to pamper yourself this summer season the Spa at Green Valley Ranch offers over eight facials and other professional services. Named one of USA Today’s “Most Soothing Spas of 2017“, the Spa at Green Valley Ranch is a a must-visit destination this Summer.