This month, our very own Barley’s Casino & Brewing Company turns 21!
As the oldest brewing pub in the Valley, Barley’s knows a thing or two about deliciously crafted beers. With 21 years under their belt Barley’s is anything but boring. The Brewing Company is stepping outside the box with a new coffee stout beer. Tired from a long day at the office? Unwind and recharge all at once; talk about killing two birds with one stone…or one beer?
If you think coffee beer is unusual wait until you hear these. To help Barley’s celebrate we have compiled 21 of the craziest beers the internet could dig up. From doughnut flavored beer to beer made with goat brains, everything is out there. This list is sure to shock and intrigue even the most daring of beer lovers. Here are 21 craziest beers you won’t believe exist:
- VooDoo Doughnut Pretzel, Raspberry, and Chocolate Ale by Rogue – If Voodoo Doughnut sounds familiar it’s probably because it is. That’s right, Portland’s very own Doughnut shop paired up with Rouge to create this pretty sweet concoction that is sure to satisfy any sweet tooth. Doughnut beer maybe be strange but it is nothing compared to the other 20 beers that have rightfully earned their spot on our list.
- Key Lime Pie by Short’s Brew – Key Lime Pie beer because doughnuts aren’t for everyone. This beer is for the pie lover out there and while we could not find apple pie or pumpkin pie beer we are sure it’s out there if you search hard enough. This Pie recipe did not miss a single detail. From graham crackers to marshmallows, Short’s Brew guarantees the authentic taste of Key Lime Pie in the form of your favorite alcoholic beverage.
- Kelpie Seaweed Ale by Heather Ales – Seaweed is not just for sushi anymore thanks to Heather Ales’ Kelpie Seaweed Ale. This strange beer does not only add the taste of the ocean to your beer but also incorporate notes of chocolate. We’re not entirely sure how those two work
together but our next beer also seems to think so.
- Oyster Stout by the Porterhouse Brewing Company – Looking for an even greater ocean taste? Oyster Stout by Porterhouse may just be the beer for you. That is if you enjoy the taste of oysters in your beer. This odd beer creation is made by throwing in oyster shells into the mix. This Oyster stout also incorporates hints of chocolate to offset the ocean taste
- Chipotle Ale by Rogue – No, we are not talking about the famous chain restaurant. Made with chipotle peppers, this beer has-quite the kick. If you are looking to spice up your beer life Rouge has just the beer to do so. Looking for something spicier? Checkout number six on our list.
- Ghost Face Killah by Twisted Pine Brewing Company – “Killah” is correct because this beer is so hot it might just kill your taste buds. With ghost peppers and spicy habaneros is hotter than your average brew. In fact, this beer is so dangerously hot it should come with a fire extinguisher!
- Mamma Mia! Pizza Beer! By Pizza Beer Company – Pizza and beer has always been the perfect pair. At least the Pizza Beer Company seemed to thinks so. This beer combines your love for beer and pizza into one single bottle. While we would never turn down a slice of pizza and an ice-cold beer we might just opt to enjoy them both separately…
- Avocado Ale by Angel City Brewery – Do not worry The Angel City Brewery promises to not charge extra for the guacamole.
- Pastrami on Rye by Pipeworks Brewing Company – While holding off on the meat, Pipeworks Brewing Company incorporates notes of mustard and pepper that will have you feeling as though you are biting into your favorite pastrami sandwich. That’s right; pizza is not the only main dish you can now enjoy in beer form.
- Oatmeal Stout by Craft Pride – They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day and while beer should not be used in place a real morning breakfast, this beer is sure to make you feel like you are having breakfast at 5 O’clock in the afternoon.
- Squid Ink Beer by Pacific Brewing Laboratory – We were slightly disappointed to find out that no squid ink was used in the making of this beer. However, despite its misleading name, this beer is so dark in color that getting it on your shirt might be just as difficult to get out.
- Lugene Chocolate Milk by Odell Brewing Company – This is not your typical glass of milk. We are not exactly sure how many beers the cow was given to create this beer but Odell Brewing Company provides a more mature way to drink chocolate milk.
- Coffee Stout by Barley’s Casino & Brewing Company – You didn’t think we would exclude our very own right? As strange as it may sound, we encourage you to give this brew a shot. After all, who doesn’t love a little coffee?
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ale by New Belgium Brewery and Ben & Jerry – If you thought half-baked was Ben & Jerry’s craziest creation boy were you wrong. This strange beer was created by New Belgium Brewery and the help of Ben & Jerry. Now you can enjoy the taste of ice cream for half the calories.
- Blue Cheese Beer by Belvoir Brewery – Do not worry; we will spare you the cheesy jokes. This beer is just as strange as it sounds and even the greatest cheese lovers may want to turn their backs on this one.
- Candy Corn IPA by Destroyer Brewing Company – Halloween is not just a children’s holiday. A Candy Corn IPA is sure to get you into the Halloween spirit. Despite how strange this IPA may sound, it is a lot less terrifying than these upcoming beers.
- Mangalitsa Pig Porter by Right Brain Brewery – No, we aren’t talking about Bacon flavored beer. This bizarre beer by Right Brain Brewery is made from the heads of smoked pigs instead. Vegetarians and Vegans may just want to avoid this one completely.
- Walker Goat Brain Beer by Dock Street Brewing Company – Right Brain Brewery is not the only one with the brains. This beer features nothing other than smoked goat brains. That is right; this beer delivers a smoky taste that is derived from none other than the brain of a goat.
- Beard Beer by Rogue – This may just take the cake for strangest beer, not to mention grossest. You read right, this beer is made using yeast grown in brewer John Maier’s beard…Yikes. Apparently beards are useful for things other than making a fashion statement.
- Bone Dusters Paleo Ale by Lost Rhino Brewing – Ever had made with yeast from the bones of a 35-million-year-old whale fossil? Now you can! This beer might be quite difficult to find since 35-million-year-old whale fossils are not the easiest ingredient to come across.
- Celest-Jewel-Ale by Dogfish Head – Made from moon dust and pulverized meteors. This beer is literally out of this world.
For those who are looking for something new to those who are most daring, there is a beer out there for everyone. These were just 21 of the strangest beers the internet has to offer. Check out where we found a few these bizarre beers plus many more on Bull, Roadkill, & 19 More Beer Flavors You Won’t Believe Exist.
Turning 21 this month?
Come celebrate with us at Barley’s Casino & Brewing Company! From January 26th -31st, your first drink is on us. All you need is your ID. Mention that you were born in January 1996 and our bartenders will know the drill. Not a fan of beer? You can always celebrate with a free single-shot well drink or a glass of wine. Do not miss out on your free drink while this offer lasts.